any clue to where this bid is coming from?
Well yes, I've read the proposal :-) I think it will be better not to share until the choice is finalized though.
When will it be finalized? Some of us have very tight schedules to manage. ;)
There are 7 days to go before the deadline for alternative bids, I haven't received any yet. I will guess that the group with the current bid will publicize their dates and location as soon as they get all the paperwork signed and confirmed. In the meantime, you know it's in November, so even though I'm scheduling my own August, I think 9 months is a reasonable amount of time to make scheduling arrangements. :-)
For every opinion you hold, someone out there holds an opposite opinion, just as fervently. Every comment will be read, but not all will be acted upon or responded to.