Knowledge & Reporting
· understand each kingdom's approach to minors in rapier combat
- understand how Corpora and other Society rules apply to minors in rapier combat,
- not limited to the requirements for adults working with minors,
- not limited to the US rules
- advise the SRM when necessary, including immediately reporting serious injuries
- send quarterly reports to the SRM
Note: gaps in knowledge should be filled within a couple of months; you don't need to know everything to apply for the job.
- propose revisions to society rapier rules to incorporate separate programs for minors,
- create a timeline for getting those changes approved,
- ensure changes are reviewed by diverse stakeholders and
- ensure changes are implemented (this may take a year or more to complete)
- connect with the youth rapier marshal in each kingdom that has one
- answer questions as they come up, provide support for their programs
- create a forum for those interested in youth rapier to connect and share ideas
An ideal candidate will have:
- experience designing a youth rapier program
- experience with multiple kingdoms
A good candidate will have:
- prior experience as a youth combat deputy or other kingdom office
- experience with multiple jurisdictions within a kingdom
Please submit a letter of application showing how your experience within the SCA and elsewhere shows that you can accomplish these responsibilities.
Send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due by February 1, 2013.