Please encourage anyone you think would make a good SRM to consider applying.
The Society Earl Marshal is currently seeking candidates for the position of Deputy Society Marshal for Rapier (DSMR). Applications for the office will be accepted through August 15, 2013.
The DSMR's duties include the following:
- Supervision of all Kingdom rapier combat rules to ensure they adhere to current Society rules.
- Maintaining, updating and enforcing the Society rules for rapier combat.
- Acting as a resource for Kingdom Rapier Marshals (KRMs) and all rapier marshals throughout the Society.
- Acting as a resource for other Society and Kingdom officers for other combat disciplines when coordination is needed.
- Review and approval of experimental rapier combat proposals which Kingdoms may wish to explore
- Coordination of bids for the annual Known World Academy of the Rapier (KWAR).
- Administration of an electronic mailing list for KRMs.
- Regular reporting to the Society Earl Marshal and through him to the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate should have the following skills/competencies:
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral, and electronic.
- Ability to work with other Corporate, Society and Kingdom officers and deputies.
- Extensive familiarity with Society level armored and rapier combat rules.
- Strong knowledge of the differences in rapier "culture" between the various SCA kingdoms.
- Knowledge of current Society Rapier policies and issues currently facing SCA rapier combatants.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with SCA Corporate and Kingdom structure.
As easy accessibility is a vital part of this office's responsibilities, and as the bulk of the management of the office is now done electronically, a reliable internet connection is also required.
The current Deputy Society Marshal for Rapier intends to step down after submitting the 4th quarter report on December 16th, 2013.
Please include a resume describing both SCA and modern experience, and references (SCA preferred).
Send resumes to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.